Thursday, August 13, 2009

3 year anniversary

Last night Mark and I celebrated our three year anniversary! I surprised him by having one of my friends come over to babysit Isla. It was my first night away from her electively (I was also away the night of call.) I took him out to eat at this new greek restaurant in Portland. It was so good. We had a wonderful time. When we got back he gave me his gift which was a framed picture of us that we had taken on Gooch's beach in Kennebunk. So precious!
Isla had a good time with Katie. She slept and then Katie pushed her in the swing.
Speaking of the swing... After only 10 weeks it broke and this was a major deal because it is a really easy way to get her to sleep during the day. So of course it made Holly a little upset too! So I called Graco and the replacement part was on back-order for 4 weeks! I said in a distressed voice, "That swing is the only way my daughter will sleep during the day!!" So they sent a different color motor which arrived today! So the swing is back in motion even though it doesn't match. The matching part will arrive in three weeks. So these are the dramatic events that go on when you have an infant!
Good news on the nanny front...I hired a nanny to start in September when Holly leaves for college. We are going to miss Holly so much but this new nanny will be a good replacement. Her name is Erica and she is 28. She has worked at a couple of day-care centers and has nannied for a couple of different families. She says that babies are her favorite! I am really looking forward to having her take care of Isla. She has her degree in pre-elementary education so basically a degree in raising babies! She actually taught me a couple of things during the interview. She wants to take Isla to an infant play group in Portland as well as to the Children's museum. I guess they have a part just for infants! Who knew?!!
Not looking forward to this weekend... on call Saturday. I miss her so much already!

No comments: