I realized recently that I am doing a pretty good job documenting Isla's new talents with video and pictures but I haven't really blogged much. I think I should blog about not taking things for granted. Like the fact that Isla is sleeping pretty much through the night now without any midnight snacks. Just an occasional whimper where I can put her pacifier back in her mouth and she rolls over into a dream. Or the fact that she can really recognize her mommy when I walk in the door from work.
Thinking back to my maternity leave seems like ages ago. It is so funny that for seven weeks I sat on a couch with my baby and didn't really get anything else done. Those seven weeks flew by and I must have been really exhausted because I feel like one of my best skills is multi-tasking and I really didn't do anything for seven weeks. Flash forward to nine-month old Isla crawling all over and I still manage to get the house looking pretty darn good to get on the market to sell. It just makes me realize how tired I must have been.
I missed breastfeeding today. My goal was to breastfeed Isla for six months and I made it to seven. I am very proud of myself for making my goal while in my chief year of surgical residency. But today I missed it and wished I had kept going. Sometimes when I'm rocking Isla to sleep with a bottle I really wish there was that skin on skin feeling we used to share. Then I started day-dreaming about my next baby and that made me feel better because I will have that opportunity again (God willing!)
No comments:
Post a Comment