Thursday, July 15, 2010

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

We are home!!!!!
After making up the two weeks I owed for maternity leave we were on our way. We did have a tearful goodbye with Amanda and it was very hard to leave her. Grandpa Paul came up on Thursday and helped us pack. Friday we got Mark and Isla on the plane and Dad and I were on the road with our U-Haul. It was fun to have a road trip with him and it was also a good chance for me to have closure on the last five years since my father is a talker and the analytic type (in a good way!) We took 2 1/2 days to get back. The second night we stayed outside of Chicago and the fire alarm in the hotel went off at 12:30 am! That wasn't fun. But back on the road Sunday morning to have a cheesy breakfast in Wisconsin! We pulled into Chaska mid-afternoon and were greeted by my mother, my daughter and my husband! What a nice welcoming party. Mark's parents came over too and we had an unpacking party that went into Monday! Thank you for everyone's help!
So as soon as we thought we could get settled we were off again to New Orleans for Mark to receive his FAGD (Fellowship in General Dentistry!) In order to receive this degree you have to complete a certain number of CE courses and take a test. I am so proud of him. It was a cap and gown ceremony and got a little long so Isla and I went in the back of the ballroom and played with all the kids. She loved it!
New Orleans was great but HOT! We went to the French Quarter everyday as our hotel was basically on the edge of it. We went to the French Market, the Garden District and Mardi Gras World! It was a great time and Isla was a trooper as she being dragged all around the country!
So back home last Sunday and now we are settled in for good! (Well, until this weekend when we leave to go to Mill Lacs Lake for Mark's family reunion...)
We love the new house that we are renting. It is on a quiet street and the backyard looks over the 15th hole of the Chaska Town Course. So Mark is golfing everyday and loving it! Still no practice for him to buy but we are looking!
It is so good to be with friends again. I had Sara over on Monday night, last night I went to my new partner Amy's house and tonight a Twins game with Annie! Tomorrow Natasha has planned a little graduation celebration for me and we are going to go boating on Lake Minnetonka! So much to do but my main goal this summer is to study for boards which is august 12th! Wish me luck!!
Isla is doing great but she is starting to realize her vocal chord potential. She can really scream and squeal!
So good to be HOME!!!
I'm going to post pics on my picasaweb.google.com/krab0009 site!

No comments: