Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Swing and New Phases!

I am very proud of myself as a mommy! I bought this swing at a garage sale for $1 (super thrifty as well!) and assembled it myself! Well, almost. My neighbor helped with the drill. So we had a surprise for daddy when he got back from his golf tournament! Isla loves the swing and I also put her slide in the backyard so we have a mini playground!

I am also SO proud of my big girl! We are only doing the pacifier for nap-time and nighttime! And she is doing GREAT! She surprises me all the time! I can already tell that she is self-soothing in other ways and talking more. Today she said "heavy" and "four"! She also said a sentence while I was skyping with my sister. "Emmit is puppy!" Not grammatically correct but it's a start!

Other new things are playing with her new "bike" and doing all sorts of big kid things at the playground. It freaks me out but she can climb pretty much with me just spotting her on the ladders to get to the top!

Along with these proud moments are the bad girl moments. She likes to hit us on the face when she is upset so we are doing time-outs now. Just for 2-3 minutes. So now we can say "stop hitting or a time-out" and she will usually stop. Otherwise, "time out!"

I read Parenting with love and logic. A wonderful book. So we try to offer choices as much as possible. And also say things like, "Mommy knows how it feels to do something she doesn't want to do like the dishes..." and other things like that.

Last for this update....my baby will be 2 in just a couple of weeks. How the time flies! I look at pictures of her from last year this time and she had almost no hair! Now she has a bunch! Enough to braid along the side and put in pig-tails! And she is counting to three! My little baby is officially a toddler!!!

No comments: