
Well, we've made it 2 weeks and she is growing like a weed! She weighed in at 8#11oz today so well over her birth weight. This means that I can stop waking her up every 3 hours at night and let her wake me up! Sometimes she will go for 4 hours between feedings. Everyday she looks more like Isla did as a baby. Her jaundice is better, just a little yellow in the eyes still. She's a little more awake during the day but still sleeping the majority of the time. Isla is so cute with her. She asks to hold her and gives her kisses all the time.
The 1st week was difficult with being sore...both from my milk coming in and the delivery. My mom was here that whole week so that helped. Monday was my first day alone. My parents gone and Mark at work. I was mostly anxious about the mornings. With being so tired I didn't know if Isla would sleep in a little and I had to get her off to daycare. Well, daylight savings hit on the perfect day! She had been waking at 6:30 but that time was now 7:30! So perfect! Exactly one hour to get ready and get to school. The first day I brought her and Avery to school all the little toddlers gathered around to look at Avery. Super cute! I did have a panic moment on Tuesday when I had to pick her up from school. Isla tried to run from me the parking lot and I had Avery in the car seat. Fortunately, I caught Isla by the hood of her coat but it made me realize how much harder it can be with two! I really appreciate our after school babysitter picking Isla up 3 days a week. What a help!
One of the things that is hard for me is that I'm so used to rushing around during the day that it is hard for me to do nothing. I have a list of things to do but if I get even one done during the day it feels like a major feat. I remember having this feeling on maternity leave with Isla. So because I am so type A I've started writing something I accomplished during the day on my phone notepad. Even if it is as simple as having a nothing day! I had one of those this week!
So this week....Monday- 1st day without mom, brushed teeth at 3pm!
Tues- My friend Tara and her 2 kids visited
Wed- Major day out since the cleaning lady was here....spent time at a coffee shop reading, walked by the river, met Mark for lunch, Isla parent/teacher conference, napped with Avery. Kicked ball with Mark and Isla after supper!
Thursday- nothing day!
Friday- Laura and Alice came to play and visit. Laura made me lunch! Had Avery's weigh in. Met some neighbors while playing outside!
So that was week 2. I love my baby so much! She is beautiful in every way and I know will grow up to be someone special!
No comments:
Post a Comment