Auntie Lou enjoyed every second with Avery, always wanting to hold and kiss her! Isla really enjoyed having Uncle Jon around to play with! We had a campfire in the back yard with s'mores that Isla loved. We also celebrated Easter early and had an Easter egg hunt! There were trips to the Mall of America and I even got a night on the town with Laura and Jon. Mmmm...Chino Latino! While I was out Avery had her second bottle and did a pretty good job once she got the hang of it!
Barb and Marty were so excited to meet little Avery and Isla was so excited to see them too! Barb was very helpful that week coming over often to relieve me from mommy duty a few times to run errands and get away for an hour or two! Barb also got to give her a bottle and I think she is getting the hang of it!
At just over 5 weeks Avery took her first airplane ride! We flew to Florida with Barb and Marty. Thank goodness they were along! I can't imagine the ride alone with the two kids! Isla had a tantrum in the aisle (not the first!) and Avery had a "blow-out" up the back of her shirt! But we made it intact and are really enjoying Florida!
Avery has started to smile a little. My parents say they saw it at week 4 but I didn't see it until recently! She still eats every 3-4 hours. Her fussy time is between 5pm and 11pm! I remember the evenings being a problem with Isla too. She is GROWING so fast! The home nurse came at 4 weeks and weighed her at 10 1/2 pounds! She seems to grow overnight and I'm not surprised with how much she eats! She is such a good baby- really the only time she really cries hard is in the car seat! Otherwise she eats and sleeps most of the time and really isn't awake for more than an hour at a time. Isla is being very helpful although she did "dump" Avery out of the vibrating chair yesterday! Isla has also been pretend breastfeeding her dolls which is so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment