Saturday, June 2, 2012

12 weeks

These past 12 weeks have been amazing and I will never forget this time with my girls! I feel very lucky to have had this time to bond with my new babe. Especially after having only 7 weeks off with Isla this extra time felt very special. The trip to Florida definetly broke the time up which was nice. I feel like I not only bonded with Avery but got a lot of things done on the house and had a nice amount of time to recover from the delivery. It wasn't as easy a recovery this time. Birthing takes a toll on the body! But I am very proud of myself that I ran a 5K when Avery was only 11 weeks old. It feels great to be running again and Avery seems to enjoy being pushed in the running stroller.
I can't believe how much she has changed in the past 3 months. It makes me a little sad that I'm never going to have a newborn again (I think we are done having kids =)) but as she gets older it gets more fun as we can interact more. She continues to be a very smiley baby and overall so good. She still fusses a little at night but she goes to bed around 6:30pm and sleeps until 1am and does a quick feed. Then up again around 6am to feed again. Not too bad. I still have her in the bassinet in our room to make it easier for me. She may sleep better if I were to put her in her own room but I'm not ready yet!
I went back to work this week. Wednesday was my first day back. I just had one case in the OR and then was home by 11. I'm not on call for a couple weeks which is nice. I had two half days of clinic just to ease myself back in. I didn't cry my first day back which I was surprised at! I think that is a testament to the fact that I had a good amount of time off. I really do love my career and it makes me feel better to think that I'm going to be a good role model for my children in my career. I don't know how good of a stay at home mom I would be.
Our new nanny Allee started this week. She is a great with Avery. She's feeding her out of bottles using my pumped milk. Avery is learning but sometimes Allee says the baby just wants the real thing! Allee is great and is also very good with Isla. I really appreciate the extra help around the house too! I'm so glad we were able to find such a nurturing nanny for the girls!

No comments: