Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's a girl!

I changed all the colors on my blog to pink to celebrate our little girl! We had our 20 week ultrasound last Monday. Mark took time off in his day to come up to Portland to join me. This was a special treat as Mark hasn't been able to participate in the other ultrasounds or my doctor's appointments. Our ultrasound tech was great and once she knew we were medically oriented (I think referring to the ventricles of the heart gave it away) she gave us a wonderful "tour" of the anatomy of our baby!
It was incredible to see the detail at which that little body can be imaged. We saw the stomach, liver, kidneys, bladder, long bones, heart, brain and of course the best was saved for last. The genitals! I was so nervous the whole time first of all to make sure all the parts were in order (no cleft palate!) and also to learn the sex of the baby. I read ultrasound for surgical issues so I was able to at least recognize that there wasn't an appendage between the legs. But when she confirmed it was a girl by identifying the labia I was so excited!!!! I have to admit I REALLY wanted a girl.
So now pink everywhere!! And time to paint the blue nursery walls.
Below are my 5 month pictures and also the ultrasound picture. She wouldn't turn to give a profile, despite my best efforts (coughing, bending over, walking around...). So the ultrasound pic is of the back of her head! There are also two pictures of the beginnings of a nursery. One of the new glider that Mark put together while I was away in Moorhead and the other of our growing pile of baby clothes and gifts!














No comments: