Friday, April 24, 2009

9 months!! But more important...one week left of nights!!!

People always say a human gestational time period is 9 months. It's not...it's 10 months. So one more month to go theoretically. I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. I am 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. I guess that's because I stand up a lot.
Which brings me to night float, standing and working. Whoever thought that working 80 hours a week, at night, 9 months pregnant would be reasonable is probably a little bit crazy. At least I'm starting to realize this now. Mark tells me how crazy it is everyday but I don't listen. I can't. At the beginning of the month I thought it would be fine. Then the second week into nights I got sick and had to take home call one night. The third week is starting to wear on me. I am writing this at 4:20 am as I wait for a little baby to get here from another hospital so I might be slightly biased in this entry about how tired I am. Nevertheless, I am starting to get really tired. And emotional. But ONE MORE WEEK of nights left in my entire surgical residency career. Thank goodness that at least I can look forward to it being over.

No comments: