Grandpa Paul picked out that name for you just after I found out I was pregnant!
Mommy and Daddy have been deliquent. I am sorry. I promise that we will treat you as good or better than we have treated your sister, Isla. Mommy has been working full time since you were 1 day old as an embryo! I have also been running around after your sister. We also recently bought a new house for you to grow up in! I am so excited to make some memories here with you!
Thinking back to earlier on in my pregnancy...
We tried for about 6 months to get pregnant with you. When I was late for my period and took the test that was positive I was so excited! So was daddy! My first trimester with you I was a little bit sick. I went on a trip to Las Vegas with you in my belly and didn't enjoy my trip very much. Maybe not the best time to go on a bachelorette party trip. I did have to take some anti-nausea medicine to feel better. Our first ultrasound with you was at about 10 weeks. Daddy thought you looked like a snowman! At 14 weeks we had another ultrasound and it was amazing how much you had grown. We couldn't figure out on that ultrasound if you were a boy or a girl. I thought I was having a boy because I was sicker this time compared to when I was pregnant with your sister. The next ultrasound was at 20 weeks and we found out that you were a girl! Me and daddy were so excited that Isla was going to have a sister. Just like mommy had her sister Laura to grow up and be best friends with! Our last ultrasound was at 24 weeks to get a better look at your spinal cord. Everything looked great!
My second trimester was a little better. Less sick but very tired. I took a lot of naps with Isla and even went to bed before 9pm a couple of times! Around 18 weeks I was started to show my belly bump and so I told all of my co-workers. They were very excited for me.
Now I'm in my third trimester with just 9 weeks to go until you are done baking. I feel very good but sometimes I have little contractions. They don't hurt but feel like you are curled up in a tight ball. You move around a lot especially in the evening. Mostly you like to kick me up in my right ribs. Your feet must be there! I can see you moving around and daddy is having an easier time feeling you. Daddy likes to talk to you and tell you that he loves you.
Isla has picked out various names for you... Baby Sister, Mommy, and today she told me to name you Maleah! I'm not sure where she got that name! She is excited to meet you. She practiced holding baby Owen over Christmas time and did a very good job. She has also been practicing changing diapers on her baby dolls. Today she helped me in the nursery go through clothes. She even put some of your shoes on her baby doll.
Daddy and I cannot wait to meet you. We like names for you that begin with a vowel since that would go nicely with Isla. I do want something a bit easier to spell though since people have a hard time spelling and saying Isla. We like Erin, Emily, Ava, Olivia, and Emma so far.
Over Christmas mommy saw her cousins Karla and Christa. They are both having babies too! In fact, Christa is due with her baby just a week after you are to be born!
Only 9 more weeks until we get to meet you. My plan right now is to take 3 months off of work to spend with you and your sister. Grandma Carol and Auntie Lou are going to come and help me. Then we are going to go to Florida so that Grandma Barb can help. It will be so nice to be in the warm weather together.
We love you Baby Deux!
1 comment:
Such a sweet story - and so complete! Glad your sister prodded you. Deux appreciates anything you post :)
Love, Grandma and Papa K
Post a Comment