38 weeks, 3cm dilated and 75% effaced (thinned out.) Things are looking good for the induction next Friday. I'm trying to slow down at work but next Wednesday (2 days before induction) I have 5 cases booked and am on call. Well, maybe I'll go early. It could be a leap year baby since there the 29th of February is 2 days before the induction date!
I've been feeling lots of movement. The whole time baby deux has loved to kick me in the right ribs. This has not stopped. But now she is so big she also likes to rub my pelvic bones with her head and sit on my sciatic nerve giving me shooting pains down my right leg! I had my OB guess the weight of the baby today and she guessed somewhere around 8 pounds. Hopefully because we are doing the 39 week induction she will be smaller than Isla! Plus I'm more stretched out this time so hopefully labor will be shorter!
We still like Isabelle, Emma, Avery and Samantha for names. We'd better decide soon! I have my hospital bag packed. I need to add some snacks for daddy so he doesn't get hungry. If all goes as planned next Friday we will drop Isla off at daycare around 7am and head into Waconia. They will start Pitossin at 7:30 and my OB said she would break my water about an hour later. Hopefully we'll meet you by the afternoon.
Last weekend Gma and Gpa K were here and we got a lot of "nesting" stuff done. We got the carseat out that Gma and Gpa S gave us. We put together the swing. Washed the baby clothes and put a dresser in the nursery. Isla got new white furniture and the rest of her big girl bed should be getting in soon.
We have been working very hard to prepare Isla for this dramatic change. We went to Barnes and Noble and bought several Big Sister books. We bought her her own baby doll that she will get to bring home from the hospital too. Almost everyone who has given me a gift for the baby has also given Isla a gift. We are saving these up to give her after we get back from the hospital with the baby. The main thing we've been working on is her sleep. It took about a month to get her adjusted to her big girl bed. We even went to extremes and locked her in her room two nights because she was getting out of bed and wandering around at night! We would find her the next morning sleeping on the couch downstairs! Now we put up a gate in her doorway although we have to keep the door open "all the way!"
I don't think anything can prepare us for the change about to occur in our lives. I just look forward to 3 whole months with my babies. Also to the memories that we will create together but especially that Isla and her sibling will form together!
No comments:
Post a Comment