Sunday, May 20, 2012

11 weeks


My BIG FAT baby!!! I love those cheeks! She continues to grow! And grow and grow! My co-workers at Lakeview threw me and another new mom a baby shower which is SO nice! I wasn't expecting to get so much stuff for the second child! I got a double stroller which will be so nice and little activity gym. Also lots of clothes and books. Only 1 repeat out of the MANY books we have at home!
This week marks the first time we let Avery cry it out! Talk about a different time frame with the second child. I don't think we let Isla cry to sleep until she was 2 years old! It only took Avery 25 minutes to settle herself. We tried again tonight and it only took 20 minutes. Too bad Isla woke her up 1/2 hour later having a temper tantrum. I guess that's another difference. We definitely don't tip toe around Avery like we did with Isla. It's basically impossible when you have a 2 year old trampling through the house!
Only 1 more week until back to work! Allee starts training in this week and we are so excited to have her help with the girls! I think it will be bittersweet going back to work. I have LOVED my time with the girls especially all the cuddle time with Avery. BUT I also love my career and try to remember that I will be a role model for the girls as they think about their future. After this time I know that I could never be a stay at home mom and it probably one of the more difficult (and rewarding) jobs out there =)

No comments: