I had contractions today. Basically it felt like my entire belly getting really tight for 5-10 seconds. It was painless but still a little weird feeling. So I made an appointment with my OB. She said it sounded like Braxton Hicks contractions and as long as I wasn't bleeding, they didn't hurt or they weren't happening more than every 10 minutes in an hour that I was fine. She did check my cervix which was not dilated but was "soft." I guess this is one finding seen early in labor but all of the other things (anterior cervix, dilation and effacement) were not present. So that is re-assuring. She also didn't give me any restrictions in terms of work. I did ask to leave a little early today (a whole 45 minutes!) My chief resident, Adam, asked why he couldn't leave early. I said "YOU DIDN'T HAVE CONTRACTIONS TODAY!!"
She also told me that she thinks I will deliver early. Of course because she said that I will probably deliver late! She thinks that because I'm on my feet a lot that the baby will come early. She said anytime after 34 weeks is fine. 34 weeks! That is three weeks from now!! I better start packing my hospital bag! But seriously... next month I am definitely planning on buying diapers and starting to wash all of these new baby clothes. I can't believe how fast it is coming up!
My parents are coming out next month too which will be good. My dad is going to be running the Boston marathon. This sort of happened at the last minute but I am so excited to see them! And my dad is looking foward to seeing my super pregnant. (Or with a baby if things go the way my OB is predicting!)
Also, today is the last day of my life in my 20s. It was a good decade. I graduated from Gustavus and medical school. I got married and got pregnant. I learned a lot but still feel young and excited for what lies ahead!! I actually am really looking forward to my 30s. I hope it will be as much fun and that I will learn as much as I did in my 20s!
1 comment:
You take care of yourself! We can't wait to meet the littlest Stapleton! So exciting and coming so soon!!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment