16 days until my due date...and I'm counting the days. I had a real contraction last night which was exciting but then nothing happened. I laid in bed at 2 in the morning just waiting for the next one. Which didn't come. Mark thinks it will happen tonight. He also thought it would happen last weekend. My friend Mary is convinced I will go into labor on Mother's Day, this Sunday. My bags are packed and ready to go!
Well, the most recent check showed my cervix was still 1cm and 80% effaced. But she thought the baby was lower and I did lose my mucous plug today. That was kind of gross. I will spare the details.
So we are waiting. Not very patiently. This week it has become very difficult to bend over and pick things up. I've also been more swollen and can't wear my wedding band which bothers me. My OB told me to "take it easy" at work because my blood pressure was trending up. Now interpreting what that exactly means has been difficult. Mark's definition is to be done working. Mine to is to not do 5 hour cases and cover shorter 2-3 hour cases. But seriously, it has been very difficult for me to be physically forced to slow down. But it is probably good for me to experience what it is like not to be working at 110% all the time. I think maternity leave it going to be a very interesting experience for me as well.
All I can say now is that I am so excited to meet our daughter. I want to know what she looks and smells like. I want to hear her crying and making cute baby noises. I want to watch her sleep. So I'll wait....impatiently.
1 comment:
I want to meet her too!!
What is she waiting for ??!! = )
-Auntie Lou
Post a Comment