
Last weekend Natasha, my friend from med school, came to visit. We gave her the Maine tour showing her Twin Lights and the Portland Head Light. Then lunch at the Lobster Shack and dinner at Local 188. We had a great time and it was so good to see her. It made me really miss all of our friends back in the cities. Only one more year to go and we will be back close to our old friends and family!
No news on the baby this weekend. My Dad's guess for the baby's arrival was yesterday, May 16th. That date came and went. I did have a lot of irregular contractions yesterday so maybe things are moving along. I'm having a lot of mixed emotions this weekend...happy, nervous, anxious, frustrated. But my goal is to stay positive this week. Mark compared the pregnancy to a game at this point. We know she is coming but it's a surprise as to when. Although this game is fun sometimes I find myself frustrated that everything is ready but no baby! At least I'm still able to work so that preoccupies me during the week. I'm also nervous because my parents have their plane tickets booked for next Sat the 23rd. What if she isn't here yet?
The other fun project we have finished this week is setting up our Skype account. We have had a fun time chatting via video online with both sets of to-be grandparents. Mark especially likes it because I think he thinks he's on TV when he uses it! It will be great when the baby comes though to communicate and show the baby to those back in MN.
No comments:
Post a Comment