7 pounds 4 oz is Dr. Vaughn's guess as to how much the baby weighs right now. That would be so nice! Especially since Mark and his siblings were all greater than 10 pounds when they were born! I had my weekly check today. My blood pressure was down...so no bed rest for me! YEAH! The first thing I asked of course was whether it would be ok for me to be in the OR again. She said that I could do some shorter cases which made me feel better. It is hard to pretend to be an intern again and just do floor work.
She also said I was a little more dilated. 1-2 cm now and still 75% effaced. She stripped my membranes again...ouch. But I practiced my breathing techniques so that was good. She said with pretty good confidence that there would be a baby this week!! YEAH!! I hope I'm not getting my hopes up. My parents are scheduled to come out a week from this Saturday so I guess there is a lot of time before they come.
I am so excited but I'm trying to really relax and not anticipate things too much. I feel like there is nothing left to do to get ready. Except mop my kitchen floor which I keep putting off. Maybe my mom will do it when she comes!
Every night we have been reading to her. She loves Mark's voice. He loves to read her this Dr. Suess book that is specifically to be read in utero. Then he always finishes with the book "Daddy loves me." How cute is he? I can't wait to see him holding and kissing her.
OK....maybe the next entry will be post-partum!!!!
1 comment:
May you be in labor just long enough to get comfortable in the hospital!
Post a Comment