Sunday, June 7, 2009

12 days old




























In Isla's second week of life she made a few trips out of the house! We made a visit to the lactation consultant and while at the hospital we stopped by the surgical floor. All of the nurses were gowned and ready to hold her!
Mark and I had Monday and Tuesday just the three of us. Mark had taken those days off of work so that was really nice. We just slept and helped Isla with her eating and her diapers! We had her first doctor's appointment which was really just a weight check. She was 8 lbs 9oz so already almost back up to birth weight! I guess the eating is going fine.
Wednesday was my first day alone and it went just fine. I think I only cried twice that day! Thursday Mark's parents arrived from Minnesota. They have been so helpful and it nice to pass off Isla in the morning to get some extra z's while they watch her!
Yesterday was my friend Robin's baby shower. I dressed Isla in the cutest handmade purple sweater and matching booties made by my friend Rebecca.
Today we took Isla to the Old Port Festival in her cute yellow and green outfit. It was fun but a little bit busy with the stroller. She did great though...slept through the whole thing!












No comments: