I'm really emotional anyways. I've been crying at the drop of a hat. Probably most of it is that I am very tired. Isla was up all night eating every 90 min to 2 hours. Apparently the day or two after your milk comes in the baby feels the need to make up for it by eating constantly. So that was tough. But Mark takes her after I feed her and tries to get her to sleep. But she mostly likes to sleep during the day!
We had a visiting nurse come out today. Lynn was very helpful in reassuring me that my emotions are normal and are not post-partum depression. She weighed Isla and she is back up to 8lbs 6 oz already. I guess she is eating enough to start gaining weight back. She answered all of our questions and will check back with us in a couple of weeks. This is a free service provided to all Portland residents. I found the visit very helpful and I feel much better after hearing that Isla's feeding frenzies will start to space out.
It has been very nice to have some time with just Mark, me and Isla. We are bonding as a family and it is a feeling of love and bonding I have never felt before. Mark has tomorrow off too so looking forward to another day of family time!

No comments:
Post a Comment