
Grandma Ollie passed away last week on June 3rd. Isla will never meet her great-gma Ollie but I have already told her all about what a wonderful person she was. I was very sad to not be able to go back for the funeral as Isla is too little to fly. I wrote something for the visitation that my sister read for me. I wanted to contribute something so that I felt that if I couldn't be there people could hear how much she meant to me. Below is what I wrote...
Last fall I found out I was pregnant and so of course one of the first people I had to call was my Grandma Ollie. She was so excited for me and told me about the joys of motherhood. That conversation was probably one of the last good conversations I had with grandma before she became ill. It was so important for me to hear her words of wisdom since she had raised three wonderful children of her own.
Last week Isla Marie was born. I cannot describe how incredible it is to witness the miracle of birth and the start of a new life. Not until you have your own child can you truly understand it. One week later Grandma Ollie passed away. In the span of a week I watched the beginning of an earthly life for Isla as well as the beginning of a heavenly life for Grandma with Jesus.
Although I am sad that I cannot be with my family today I know that Grandma and Grandpa are smiling down from heaven on me and Isla. I love all of you and will never forget Grandma’s words of wisdom and the example she provided for me as an amazing mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
Last week Isla Marie was born. I cannot describe how incredible it is to witness the miracle of birth and the start of a new life. Not until you have your own child can you truly understand it. One week later Grandma Ollie passed away. In the span of a week I watched the beginning of an earthly life for Isla as well as the beginning of a heavenly life for Grandma with Jesus.
Although I am sad that I cannot be with my family today I know that Grandma and Grandpa are smiling down from heaven on me and Isla. I love all of you and will never forget Grandma’s words of wisdom and the example she provided for me as an amazing mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
No comments:
Post a Comment