Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Growth Spurt

Isla is 3 weeks old! This is apparently a time for growing! Monday night she was up all night eating! And on Tuesday at my breastfeeding group she weighed 10 pounds! That means she gained 1 pound and 2 oz in a week! She definitely looks more filled out. She is holding her head up longer (about 5 seconds) and more alert during the day. It is incredible how much she is growing each and every day! I did some reading and the 3 week growth spurt should only last a couple of days. This is good since I am starting to get a little hazy from lack of sleep. I am trying to sleep when she does but it's hard when I have a long list of other things to do.
Isla got her first real bath today since her belly button is healed. She actually tolerated it very well and didn't cry at all. I think it reminded her of being in my belly.

No comments: