Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stop picking!!

Today we met with Gretchen our nurse practitioner for the second time since Isla's birth. She is 8 lbs 14 oz today. This is about the 70% for weight. But she is tall (89% percentile) and has a big head (90th%). Everything else looked good on her exam and her belly button is about to fall off! It's kind of gross.
Speaking of gross things, I find myself picking on Isla while I'm feeding her. I've heard other mom's say they do this too but it is kind of annoying. It doesn't annoy Isla but it annoys me that I can't stop doing it. Her skin was peeling this week a little and it was impossible for me to not pick on her!! I even bit her little fingernail for her once (or twice!)
Isla is a little more alert every day. Today she looked and "played" with my sister for almost an hour. Her eyes are so wide and she will look at you and make cute little baby noises. It's so darn cute!
Laura brought both of our baptismal gowns home from Moorhead for me to look at. We are going to have her baptised at Mark's church in Apple Valley on July 3rd. Both of our gowns were hand knit by Leonore Sillers. They are beautiful and I'm excited for Isla to wear one of them for her baptism.
Isla is still up at night a lot. She is hungry about every 90 minutes to 2 hours. And today the nurse said that I should still feed her on demand as she could stand to gain a little more weight. So no rest for the weary. It's tough but at least I am able to take a couple of naps during the day while she is sleeping.
Mark's mom and dad have been helping out which makes it easier. Barb made lasagna last night and made an extra pan to freeze for after they leave.

No comments: